Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sweet Moments Make the best Memories

 So I don't think I share enough about my daughter! HAHA Yeah, right! Anyway, here she is sitting up like a big girl and being a hammy ham for me. I love my babies, and am so blessed to be a mom, but let me tell ya, it's hard work sometimes too!
This face, you see it right? Adorable, and sweet? This face isn't so sweet when I'm trying to eat my dinner of an evening. She cries and whines, and thinks that because I'm eating she needs to be attached to my hip trying to grab my food, fork, drink, etc. I have a newsflash for her, that's not how that works!
At night, she doesn't sleep. I don't mean she only sleeps for like 5 hours and wakes up to nurse and goes back to sleep. I mean, maybe 2 hour stretches. Most of the time it's only an hour. I do a mix of co-sleeping and putting her in the crib and neither work very well! I remind myself, this too shall pass, but man!
I'm sure so many moms can relate to my lament. I love every minute of it though, honestly. I love those late night nursing sessions, I love being there to comfort her when she cries. I wish though, that she wouldn't be so needy! Then I remember, she's a baby, she's supposed to be needy! Then she gives me a face like these and, it makes all of those troubled times worth it.
Those times when she plays my boobs like drums, or kneads them like a kitten does to its mother, or even bites  my nipple, I love her! I love those moments, and all too soon she'll be too big for those simple gestures of love and acceptance and need.
She won't need me for milk, or to help her go to sleep. She won't need me alone to sustain her life. She'll be too enthralled with other things and won't want to come and sit on my lap for quiet time. In the blink of an eye she'll be potty trained and in school and have friends and will need me and my advice even less.
So, for now, I'll enjoy those bothersome things and remember that before I know it she won't be the baby I birthed back in 2013, she'll be a big girl and ready to take on the world. And I will cry, I'm sure, as I did with my now 8 year old. When she weans herself from nursing, I will cry. When she no longer needs her cloth diapers and goes to the potty like a big girl, I will cry. Not because I don't want her to grow up, but because they just don't stay little for that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment